The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Computer Science, engineering or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/course.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP?s working language, Portuguese.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station?s language, if different.
This job is based in Dakar Regional Bureau under the Regional IT unit, and work under the functional supervision of the Director, Information Technology (IT).
Job holders at this level perform activities and analytical work of limited complexity supporting several business areas and maintaining contacts with business counterparts to bring business requests into IT.
They use their limited technical knowledge and experience to assist in gathering and analysing business needs, and supporting solution delivery. Job holders are likely to be working under the supervision of a more experienced staff member, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
Partner with the business to understand their requests and operating environment in order to contribute to the transformation of business requirements into solutions exploiting IT capabilities and focusing on business satisfaction.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute to capturing, analysis and documentation (i.e. through diagrams, flowcharts, data models, user experience designs, storyboards) of business requirements for IT solutions and services following WFP policies, standards and strategies.
2. Work with more senior team members to communicate business requirements to business counterparts, for a shared understanding of the requirements and effective implementation of strategies/plans.
3. Contribute to the baselining and tracking of business requirements through to implementation for efficient management of change.
4. Test and analyze IT solutions and document the match against business requirements for quality and accuracy.
5. Maintain contacts with business counterparts to bring their requests into IT and keep them informed of actions.
6. Maintain up-to-date the service catalog of IT solutions offered to the business, including current, retired and those in the pipeline to support effective knowledge management.
7. Review how IT service levels align with SLAs for solutions or services focused on the business and alert service managers of discrepancies. Assist to survey business satisfaction with IT solutions and services.
8. Support project managers in managing estimates, business cases, planning, risk identification, issue management for the effective delivery of IT solutions.
9. Adhere to processes and procedures for the Business Relationship Management, Business Analysis and IT Project Management functions to ensure compliance and consistency.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP?s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
– Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
– Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP?s mission.
– Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP?s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
– values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
– Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
– accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
– Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
– Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
– Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams? priorities and preferred working styles.
– Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
– Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
– Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP?s unique value as a partner.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
* Has performed user support activities resulting in timely, high-quality delivery of services to user community.
* Has modelled data and information flows to document key decisions and results.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position open only to Senegalese nationals.
If you are interested in the position, please, click on the link below to apply: